Share and discuss this blog



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I had a dream

I had a dream last night. Mr Obama called me and asked if I could say very simply what I wanted him to do about education. Then the connection died. So here is what I wanted to say:

1. Do what you can to encourage the individual states to get out of the education business.

2. Create an environment where curricula studied in school would be determined by people other than state legislatures and colleges, both of whom have proven they know nothing about learning.

3. Create learning places that encourage learning to do things rather than knowing things.

You said in one of your speeches something I have been saying for over 20 years. Communication, Reasoning and Human Relations are the real important skills. Please: Teach them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go to the Obama transition website and tell him these points. Your dream is quite clear!

You should be part of the Obama team. We need you involved on that level!